Join Our Team
Communications and Social Media Coordinator, Part-time
BCL is now hiring a part-time Communications and Social Media Coordinator, with the opportunity to work remotely! This is both a creative and strategic role that will create content to share the stories of communities, small businesses, families, and homeowners across Texas, as well as highlight BCL’s nonprofit programs and services and impact in the community. The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Director of Communications to create and manage BCL’s digital content, including social media content, success stories, email marketing, and website content.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Personal interest in BCL’s mission and a desire to promote to economic equity
- Commitment to diversity and the ability (or willingness to learn) to use terminology relating to closing the racial wealth gap, historically underserved communities, red lining, minority-owned businesses, low-to-moderate income households, and more
- Experience and excitement in creating high-engagement social media content
- Ability to balance content that is both professional as well fun and engaging
- Some experience in basic graphic design (using Canva is fine!) and the ability to create simple social media videos and other social media content
- Commitment to being precise and accurate – we often market multiple programs and events at once, and it’s important we put out the correct information each and every time to an audience of over 10,000 people
- A system for staying organized and managing multiple ongoing projects and content streams
- Good communication skills, including grammar and the ability to express complex terms so that the general public can understand
- Desire to try new ideas, test and measure the results, and adapt as needed
To see the full job posting and application instructions, job description here.
Real Estate Specialist
The Real Estate Specialist will be an integral member of BCL of Texas’s Community Development Team and affiliate company, Texas Community Builders. Texas Community Builders is a real estate development organization. We maintain a portfolio of single family, multifamily and commercial properties throughout the state, including in both urban and rural markets. The Specialist will assist with property and facilities management, resident relations and vendor relations. The Specialist will report to the Director of Community Development. The Specialist will support the Director on affordable housing and real estate development project activities including acquisitions, construction oversight, and sales and lease up.
To see the full job posting and application instructions, please click here.
Our interns receive one-on-one support from their staff liaison while they gain the real-world experience necessary to fulfill school requirements and obtain employment after graduation. Current internship opportunities include:
Business Development & Lending
Intern will be responsible for assisting the lending and business development staff with customer analysis and program development, with the potential for increased responsibilities as skills are acquired.
Marketing & Outreach
Intern will assist the marketing team with campaigns, social media, marketing material production and event planning as needed throughout the semester. Graphic design experience helpful but not required.
Intern will assist the homeownership staff with application packaging, program development, and coordinating special projects. Some scheduling and telephone communication with customers as needed.
Stay tuned for additional opportunities as they arise. Contact us for further information on how to apply.
Suite 500 Austin, TX 78701 P: 512.912.9884 F: 512.912.9869 NMLS #1114924
Suite 1220 Dallas, TX 75208 P: 214.688.7456 NMLS #1114924