Ready to work with us?
BCL of Texas is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
The Dallas-Ft. Worth Area NeighborhoodLIFT program:
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians.)
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in the city of Dallas or Tarrant County. View Income Limits. View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information.
Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in the city of Dallas or Tarrant County
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2- 4-unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: No closings may take place before October 22, 2019.
Good News! Limited NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds may be available.
To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Before you can schedule this appointment, you will need to create an account (if you did not do so at the launch event, see steps below) and upload a mortgage pre-approval from an approved lender as well as a fully executed purchase and sale agreement on the home you are attempting to purchase.
You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
If you attended the launch event on September 20-21 and set up your account during the event, skip to step 4. Otherwise, begin with step 1.
- To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account.
- When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
- Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from BCL of Texas in order to authenticate your account.
a. Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
b. Create an 8-character password for your profile
- Log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
- Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session. Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:
a. Preapproval letter for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender.
b. Fully executed purchase and sales agreement for a property located in the city of Dallas or Tarrant County.
***Don’t have a scanner? It’s easy! Use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them!
7. If you have not already completed homebuyer education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up! Click here to find a homebuyer education provider or click on the Training Center in your account to see a list of available classes.
8. Once BCL of Texas has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, you will receive an email from BCL of Texas letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section. You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing! Detailed instructions for how to schedule your appointment can be found here.
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once BCL of Texas reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. BCL of Texas will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
9. After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will receive an email from BCL of Texas confirming the date, time, and location of your EDS appointment. The email will include details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). View required documents here. If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled.
What Happens Next?
- At your EDS appointment, BCL of Texas will determine your eligibility to participate in the NeighborhoodLIFT program.
- Once you are deemed eligible for participation, you will be issued a commitment letter from BCL of Texas. A copy of this will also be sent to your first mortgage lender.
- Your first mortgage lender will submit all required documents to BCL of Texas 14 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sale agreement.
Suite 500 Austin, TX 78701 P: 512.912.9884 F: 512.912.9869 NMLS #1114924