We are currently in the decision phase of the Travis County TCTX Thrive program. Applications for this program are closed. Businesses that have already completed the pre-eligibility and full application, due July 31st, will be notified of their award status soon.
Applications and Decisions
Now that I have submitted my full application, does that mean I am guaranteed a grant through TCTX Thrive?
Funds for this program are limited to 225 grantees. If TCTX Thrive receives more than 225 qualifying applications, our review committee, appointed by Travis County, will make final award decisions based on Travis County program guidelines.
I’ve submitted my full application. When will I find out if I will receive a grant award?
All applications will be reviewed by a review committee appointed by Travis County. The review period will take an estimated 2 weeks. Once decisions are provided by the review committee, then application decisions will be sent to all applicants.
How will I be notified of my application decision?
We will contact you using the email address you provided in the “Summary” tab of your application. You may also check your application status on Zoom Grants.
I haven’t received an update on my application status yet.
Please allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks to receive final award decisions, as we are completing our third party review process as required by Travis County’s program guidelines. We will contact you as soon as award decisions are made.
How can I make sure my application was received in full and on time?
You’re welcome to contact our TCTX Thrive team at 512-994-2280 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check on your application submission. You can also log in to the Zoom Grants portal to confirm your application submission.
What can I do if I missed the application deadline?
All applications were due by July 31st for this program, following a 2 week application window and a 4 week pre-eligibility process. We are not accepting new businesses into the TCTX Thrive program at this time.
Awards and Funds
What are my next steps if I’m granted an award?
- If granted an award, you will receive notification of your acceptance via the email you provided on the “Summary” tab of your application.
- Once notification has been sent, you will have 5 days to accept the award and sign the grant agreement.
- You will then be provided instructions for invoicing for reimbursements.
- In anticipation of receiving the funds, you may begin to gather receipts, invoices, and documentation for reimbursement of eligible expenses.
What expenses are eligible?
- Rent, lease or mortgage payment for real property used for business purposes, like storefront or warehouse
- Rent, lease or purchase payment for business property (e.g., delivery vehicle; food truck; kitchen equipment; technology, payment, and communications systems and equipment)
- New or expanded technology applications and WiFi services
- Utility payments for business properties
- Supplier and Vendor payments
- PPE, sanitation supplies and equipment, testing for employees
- Eligible Taxes and Fees (specifics to be identified in the invoicing materials)
- Payroll expenses
What expenses are not eligible?
- Lobbying for any purpose
- Repayment of loans or debt unrelated to needs created by COVID-19 disaster and Eligible Uses of Grant Proceeds
- Payment of partial mortgage/utility costs based on IRS rules for home-based businesses
- Certain taxes and fees including those that are considered revenue for federal, state or local government
- Any other costs that are determined ineligible through continued release of federal guidance, since the guidance on this funding is updated frequently
If awarded the TCTX Thrive grant, how much funding will I receive?
Each grantee will receive approval for expenses of up to $40,000. Grantees may request reimbursement for all expenses incurred from March 1, 2020, to November 30, 2020. Businesses that are awarded the TCTX Thrive grant will submit invoices for reimbursement on a monthly basis.
If selected as a grantee, how will I access the funds?
If selected as a grantee, you’ll be provided with instructions on invoicing for the grant.